Welcome to Montessori Kurdistan!
The first kindergarten in Erbil city based on Montessori system, has started registering children aged 4-5 years.
Some characteristics of our kindergarten:
- Member of American Montessori Society.
- Each teacher has only 12-14 children.
- Parents can watch their children through their mobile phone.
- Online daily record keeping system with parents access.
- Healthy food according to international standards.
- Focus on academic and non-academic skills: respect for self, others and environment, self-reliance...
- Kurdistani and global cultural competency.
Montessori Education is a non-traditional progressive education system based on learning by doing. It was developed over a century ago by an Italian physician: Maria Montessori. There are more than 5,000 Montessori schools in the United States and over 25,000 worldwide.
There are many famous people who have attended Montessori schools: Larry Page and Sergey Brin: founders of Google, Jeff Bezos: founder of Amazon.com, Jacqueline Kennedy: former first lady, Prince William and Prince Harry, Julia Child: author, chef, TV cooking shows, Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Nobel Prize winner for literature, Anne Frank: author, diarist from World War II and many others.