Montessori Teacher assistant
1. Establish the morning and extended day work period and give lessons.
2. Guide the assistant teacher.
3. Establish and maintain a Montessori philosophy classroom, paying attention to the needs of students.
4. Implement and update curriculum as student needs dictate. Plan, prepare and maintain all units of study including Montessori Math, phonics, Sensorial, Practical life, Geography, Science, library books, etc.
1. Communicate with parents about their children’s school lives every week and educate parents in Montessori philosophy.
2. Prepare for and schedule 2 parents teacher conferences during the year –including 2 physical parent conferences.
3. Schedule and work with other faculty for any joint Parent Nights, programs/performances, etc.
4. Meet individually with prospective parents and students.
1. Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom.
2. Maintain the school’s system of record keeping.
3. Complete individual learning assessments and conference forms for all students.
Supervision of Classroom Assistants:
1. Participate in staff evaluation.
2. Support assistant teachers in every way possible.
3. Report to the Director/Business Manager of the Board regarding Assistant’s progress.
4. Call Director/ Business Manager in emergency situations.
1. Lead teacher must meet the following basic requirements:
2. Diploma from the Association Montessori Society with a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent such as preprimary credential, primary diploma, or provisional certificate from the American Montessori Society). Experience as an assistant teacher, aide, or student intern, preferably in a Montessori primary classroom.
3. CPR/First Aid certification
4. Have the physical capacity to work with pre-school/Kindergarten aged children.
5. 24 hr. Training
6. Continued professional development (minimum 15 hours per school year).
Upon selection, a background check must be passed prior to beginning the school year.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
Do you have the following license or certification: Montessori Certifation?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?