Foundations Montessori School is hiring a full-time Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher (Grades 4 – 6) for the 2021-2022 school year. Our school is a warm and caring Montessori-rich environment that nurtures each child’s gifts and fosters the child’s total development: intellectual, social and emotional – enabling them to be positive contributors to their community.
We are looking for an Upper Elementary Teacher who aligns with our school values, has excellent communication and organizational skills, and a passion for the Montessori pedagogy. This team player should come with a positive attitude and professionalism.
This is a full-time, contract position. Contracted hours of work: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday, September 2021 to June 2022 as per our school calendar with December and March break off.
Current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
If you are interested in exploring a teaching opportunity with Foundations Montessori School, then we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted by email.
• Montessori Teacher education training and certification; preferably AMI or MACTE certified.
• Experience working in a Montessori environment.
• French teaching experience is preferred but not required
• Prepare a self-directed, stimulating, and inclusive learning environment for students, to meet their individual needs following the Upper Elementary Montessori pedagogy.
• Maintain open and positive communication with students’ parents.
• Keep the classroom clean and inviting by keeping materials organized and clean.
• Understands the Montessori method and how to apply it in the Upper Elementary classroom focusing on the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of the students.
• A positive and respectful role model for young children who displays patience, kindness, and calmness in all interactions.
• Monitoring and assessing student progress and write progress reports.