Upper Elementary Lead Teacher
Foundations Montessori School is hiring a full-time Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher (Grades 4-6) for the 2023-2024 school year. Our school is a warm and caring Montessori-rich environment that nurtures each child’s gifts and fosters the child’s total development: intellectual, social and emotional – enabling them to be positive contributors to their community.
We are looking for an Upper Elementary Teacher who aligns with our school values, has excellent communication and organizational skills, and a passion for the Montessori pedagogy. This team player should come with a positive attitude and professionalism.
This is a full-time, contract position. Contracted hours of work: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday, September 2023 to June 2024 as per our school calendar with December and March breaks off.
- Montessori Elementary Teacher education training and certification; preferably AMI or MACTE certified.
- Experience working in a Montessori environment.
- Prepare a self-directed, stimulating, and engaging learning environment for students, to meet their individual needs following the Upper Elementary Montessori pedagogy.
- Maintain open and positive communication with students’ parents.
- Keep the classroom clean and inviting by keeping materials organized and clean.
- Understands the Montessori method and how to apply it in the Upper Elementary classroom focusing on the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of the students.
- A positive and respectful role model for young children who displays patience, kindness, and calmness in all interactions.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing progress reports.
Comments are closed here.