Our Upper school Math and Science Teacher will specialize in making math/science vibrant, fun and relevant for our students in grades 4-6 in both theory and practical application. Candidates will be skilled in teaching math and science curriculum to students across all levels of ability and interest, through an interdisciplinary, inquiry-rich & project-based approach, with experience in a Montessori environment a plus.
Candidates should be excited to work collaboratively with co-teachers across all subject areas, ready to stretch beyond their comfort zones to create meaningful, contextual work within our unit themes.
• Bachelor’s degree in education (math or science)
• Master’s degree (Math /Science education) preferred
• Previous experience working with 4th to 8th grade students
• Comprehensive knowledge of math/Science content/curriculm
• Ability to collaborate, compromise and be flexible
• Ability to listen and clearly communicate with strong, talented teachers
• Commitment to diversity, equity and social justice
• Commitment to progressive education
• Appreciation for Montessori approach