This account is not monitored and messages will unfortunately not be read or returned. If you are interested in learning more, please apply via the link below:
An on-the-go, kind-hearted family based in Mill Valley, CA is seeking a travel-ready, creative, and engaging private educator for their two school-aged children for the 2020-2021 academic school year!
With their home base in the beautiful Bay Area, this family loves to travel and spends a large chunk of time on the east coast in Sag Harbor, NY. Both their 10-year-old and 12-year-old are currently distance learning through their schools this year. The children thrive with friendly, patient, and engaging teaching approaches. The family is eager to find an educator who can support the children academically, provide an inspiring and enjoyable learning environment, and who can take the classroom on the road wherever their travels lead them!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about not only being a hands-on educator but being an inspiring role model as well. Creativity will be deeply valued in this home to develop a learning environment that is supportive and interactive and inspires the children’s genuine curiosity to learn. The children thrive through project-based, inquiry-based learning that focuses on their strengths and passions, so a candidate with a specialized background in Montessori, neurodivergent learning, or other modalities will be a big plus! An ideal candidate will be excited to implement the current curriculum provided by the children’s schools and also to collaborate with the parents to select and/or develop hands-on lessons and future curriculum to inspire experiential learning. The family hopes to find a candidate who is a true team player, can become an integral part of their family team, is travel-ready, and will be willing to pitch-in as needed as an inspiring role model for their children!
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40 hours per week, with additional hours available if desired, and a general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. Scheduling flexibility will be appreciated. Live-in accommodations include a separate guest house with full kitchen when in Mill Valley, as well as private accommodations provided while traveling. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour DOE in addition to relocation assistance, assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is seeking an educator to begin ASAP through June 2021, with potential for another school year if desired!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Collaborate with the parents, the children’s schools, and the children to ensure educational milestones are being met; hold regular check-ins to discuss long-term and short-term educational goals
- Implement provided curriculum and partner with the parents to select and/or develop hands-on lessons and future curriculum to inspire experiential learning that is tailored to the children’s needs, interests, and skills
Utilize project-based, inquiry-based learning approaches that inspire curiosity, a love for learning, and educational independence, while still providing a structured, productive environment
- Travel with the family as needed and adapt curriculum utilizing the travel itinerary and destinations
- Be a supportive teacher and well-rounded role model to encourage the growth of the children as a whole
- Be a true team player and integral part of the family team
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’ degree or higher in an education-related field
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool environment
- Experience teaching children with different learning styles and challenges, such as ADD/ADHD
- Creative, hands-on learning approach; experience with Montessori, neurodivergent learning, or other progressive modalities a plus!
- Ability to travel with the family for extended periods of time
- Team player, organized, and communicative
- An all-hands-on-deck, no-task-too-small spirit will be a huge asset!
For information about other available positions, check out our job board: https://www.adventurenannies.com/category/job-board/
Adventure Nannies is a nationwide agency focused on matching private educators and nannies with active and traveling families. We strive to find out-of-the-box, inspirational candidates to help support our innovative families. Our jobs include long-term teaching and nanny positions, short-term travel and temporary jobs, and both live-out and live-in arrangements. We support both families and candidates throughout their placements with regular check-ins and resources. For more information, check out our website at https://www.adventurenannies.com.