International Montessori School is seeking a co-lead teacher for our elementary (6-12) program to join our team for the 2020-2021 academic year. Our Spanish immersion elementary class is a full immersion program in which the Montessori curriculum is implemented 100% in Spanish. Our students have typically come through our Spanish immersion primary program or from other Spanish immersion programs outside of our area. Most of our students come from English-speaking homes or have at least one parent who speaks English as their native language.
- Native or near native fluency in Spanish
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- High level of comfort with technology including G Suite for Education, Zoom, and other techology platforms for education.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- One to two years of classroom experience as a lead Montessori guide
- Ability to work collaboratively with a co-lead teacher
- Elementary (6-12) Montessori Certification from a MACTE-accredited program
- Language-immersion experience preferred
Our ideal candidate has a passion for guiding young people, is a lifelong learner and a problem solver, and thrives in a collaborative, international culture. Due to the current restrictions on non-immigrant visas, all candidates must already have US work authorization and not require sponsorship in the future.
This position is a full-time position and typically over a ten-month school calendar. The 2020-2021 school year will be slightly longer due to the current pandemic and may involve working on campus and/or working virtually from home. A competitive salary and health, vision, and dental benefits are available.
All interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and a current resume/CV to Angela Bailey, Head of School at email@example.com. Be sure to include your thoughts on the following topics in your cover letter:
- how you came to Montessori education and
- why you wish to teach in a language immersion setting.