Job Title: Montessori Charter School Director
Swan River Montessori Charter School is a school in Monticello, MN where educators inspire a passion for learning in an intentionally Montessori community of 165 students from preschool to 6th grade. Our vision is to employ an inter-disciplinary approach to education by teaching the whole child (heart, mind, and soul). The Montessori learning environment is designed to foster this whole child approach by meeting the child’s inherent needs of self-discovery, creativity, independence, and competence.
Swan River Montessori (SRMCS) has created a kind, respectful environment where each child has a sense of belonging. Learning at Swan River Montessori Charter School involves the student, the student’s family, the teachers, and the larger community. SRMCS supports family and community participation in each child’s education by utilizing and appreciating community resources and the natural world as a learning environment. To learn more about SRMCS, visit our website at https://www.swanrivermontessori.org/.
SRMCS’s charter authorizer is Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center (formerly Audubon Center of the North Woods). Information about this non-profit organization can be found on their website at ospreywilds.org.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated person with strong leadership skills to lead this school on its future journey! A leader with strong written and verbal communication skills and a love for Montessori education!
Summary: Coordinates educational activities and day-to-day operations while promoting the mission and philosophy of the school by performing the following duties.
- Public Relations
- Supervision of staff
- Teacher and staff evaluations
- Laison to Minnesota Department of Education (including accountability reports, etc.)
- Fiscal management
- Oversight of before and after school program
- Oversight of Early Childhood Preschool program
- Implementation of policies
- Special Education team member
- Oversee educational programs, staff development, curriculum development
- Inform and advise the Board of Directors, attend School Board meetings, prepare the agenda
- Human resources
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A valid Minnesota teaching license
- Accredited AMI or AMS training in at least one of the three training categories (Children’s House, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary)
- A Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Three or more years of experience teaching in a Montessori school
- Three or more years of administrative experience
- One or more years working in a charter school
- Established training/skills in:
- Instruction & assessment
- Human resource & personnel management
- Financial management
- Legal & compliance management
- Effective communication
- Board & school authorizer community relationships
All interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to Jessica Frederiksen, contact information below. The applicant will be contacted should an interview be requested. Submissions via email are preferred! The position will remain posted until filled.
Come join a dedicated and awesome staff community supported by great families in a beautiful educational environment. We look forward to meeting you!
Swan River Montessori Charter School
500 Maple Street
Monticello, MN 55362
Phone: (763) 271-7926
Fax: (763) 295 -0075