Are you convinced that the way we are educating children must fundamentally change? Do you have the patience needed to allow students to experience and learn from failure? Are you prepared to inspire a generation of learners to tackle the challenges of the future?
Journey Academy is different. We blend state-of-the-art learning software with real-world projects, Socratic discussions and a Hero’s Journey dialogue in student-driven, multi-age learning studios. Our approach to learning does not include tests, grades, or teachers leading lectures. Our classroom structure is unique. It ensures that Guides create and facilitate the learning environment and it empowers students to take ownership of their individual learning paths and collective classroom governance.
- Encourages, supports, and guides the Guides and Journey Academy staff as they guide heroes
- Works alongside the Board of Directors to create and execute long-range plans which are inclusive of:
- Fundraising strategy
- Recruiting strategy
- Future location vision and plans
- Has full responsibility for the annual calendar of events
- Creates and maintains a full communication plan for Journey Academy families
- Keeps and maintains active records (with Guides) on all hero academic progress
- Is the primary point of contact for families with questions regarding daily operations at Journey Academy
- Manages staff schedules including but not limited to PE, art, worship, drop off/pick up, lunch/recess, infrequent evening activities
- Works with Guides to schedule and organize hero talks and field trips
- Creates, updates, and maintains Journey Academy policies ie: hiring, safety, families, etc.
- With the accountant, maintains clean financial records, budget, and bookkeeping
- Creates follow-up processes for prospective families during the application process
- Manages facility upkeep - works with the Building/Facilities committee or uses other resources to note and correct issues
- Ensures that Guides are well prepared with ample materials and resources to do their jobs to the best of their abilities
- Communicates with parents regarding academic progress, behavioral challenges, studio situations
- Has a broad scope and understanding of the Acton Academy model and how that is rolled out in a Biblical worldview.
The Program Director reports to the Journey Academy Board of Directors.
At Journey Academy, our leaders demonstrate a strong Biblical worldview and are able to share their faith and love of Jesus Christ every day.
We are looking for a Program Director with an evident curiosity about life, a lifelong love of learning, a deep well of patience, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates should excel in guiding and encouraging others, whether in or out of a school environment. Montessori, project-based and/or experiential learning experience is a plus.
We seek a Program Director who loves to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything they do. Candidates should demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates should have effective team leadership experience. Most importantly, candidates should have sincere respect for all children.
Salary: Journey Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience plus a bonus structure based on performance.
Next Steps: Candidates should email a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how the position is part of their Hero’s Journey. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.