The Knoxville Montessori School is seeking a motivated, experienced, individual to serve as a Primary Teacher in a multi-age room with children ages 2.5-6 years old.
- Fostering a positive learning environment by creating a calm and joyful atmosphere, encouraging growth towards independence for each child, and assisting children in helping themselves and discovering their individual potential.
- Planning, teaching, and coordinating a Montessori curriculum and schedule consistent with the KMS Guidelines and Accreditation.
- Working effectively as a part of a team.
Supervising and delegating classroom responsibilities to other staff assigned to the classroom.
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with parents through daily and weekly communication as well as scheduling and leading formal and informal parent-teachers conferences.
- Participating in staff and board meetings and attending required school events.
- Maintaining annual training and professional development programs as well as personal certifications required by licensing, such as First Aid and CPR.