Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students, individual or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. reading stories, listening to students read, and facilitate activities)
- Attends meetings and training with MLC director and/or other extended care staff for the purpose of reviewing and coordinating after school activities.
- Implements instructional learning activities for the purpose of improving students’ academic, physical, and social skills.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, students’ records, and cleaning work area.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of enforcing school rules and procedures while providing a positive and safe learning environment.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. copying, attendance, accident reports and making phone calls to parents when necessary).
- Promotes good habits for the purpose of improving the quality of students’ development and outcomes.
Montessori certification or in the process of becoming certified