Family Star is excited about our commitment to growth and presence in the Montessori community in Colorado. Family Star Montessori School is currently seeking an AMI Certified Primary lead teacher who has a passion for inspiring the human potential and social justice. Candidates must hold a current AMI Certification and an Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education; or an Associate Degree in a related field with experience teaching primary age children. If you want to make a difference in the lives of some of Denver’s most vulnerable population, Family Star is the place for you!
Major Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with children in an open, honest, and loving manner, always with dignity and respect.
- Respectfully, courteously, and professionally include families in our Montessori environment and actively encourage and support family participation in program activities.
- Calmly and efficiently plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school.
- Serve as a positive and consistent leader for classroom staff, families, and the organization.
- Participate in the continuous and creative process to meet individual and program goals through training and professional development.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety, health, physical and social/emotion well-being of the children at all times.
- Schedule and complete all regular conferences, home visits, phone calls, monthly curriculum journals and developmental screenings as needed for each child in a timely manner.
- Complete all supervisory responsibilities for classroom staff including but not limited to recruiting, one-on-one supervisions, performance evaluations, goals, and accountability.
- Participate in community and public relations events involving the school.
- Participate in recommended training programs, educational conferences, professional days, staff meetings, and other courses pertinent to professional growth.
- Complete all child-related paperwork on a daily basis.
Family Star Montessori School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Our benefits include: medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, basic life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, a matching retirement plan, professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org