Hiatt Farms Montessori is a new family-run school located on a charming homesteaded farm between Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic, native Spanish-Speaking AMI Primary guide for the opening of our second classroom this fall. We hope to find a candidate who is excited about working at a brand-new, bilingual Montessori farm school!
Purpose, Major Roles & Responsibilities
To be the Spanish-speaking guide in a bilingual classroom, responsible for facilitating a Montessori primary program that supports the needs of all children in accordance with Hiatt Farms Montessori School’s mission and vision.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Helping to prepare the classroom environment, particularly Spanish language materials
- Helping to maintain an orderly classroom environment including morning preparation and afternoon clean-up
- Planning and recording lessons for each child in the environment
- Establishing a positive relationship with parents by ensuring regular and positive communication
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and staff members to ensure proper classroom planning and management
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Prepare for and attend all parent teacher conferences
- Develop and participate in school functions such as parent education nights, and other social gatherings
- Comply with all continuing education and state licensing requirements
- Participate in ongoing self-assessment and refinement of practice in the classroom as well as collaborative professional growth
- Responsible for the safety of each child in her/his care until dismissed to a responsible adult
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
The teacher will meet the following requirements:
- Be an AMI certified Montessori guide at the primary level
- Be familiar with all materials and presentations given to children ages 3-6 according to AMI training
- Be a Native Spanish-Speaker
- Able to conduct daily conversations and give presentations in Spanish with proper vocabulary
We are looking for a candidate to begin in June.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Should you be contacted for an interview, please be prepared to provide proof of AMI training.