Hiatt Farms Montessori is a new, private school located on a charming homesteaded farm between Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic Toddler-trained guide for the opening of our new toddler classrooms this fall. We are seeking a native Spanish-speaking guide for this position. We hope to find a candidate who is excited about working in a brand-new environment at a bilingual Montessori farm school. Help us get our newest program off to a great start!
Our program is year-round with several week-long breaks throughout the academic year. We offer competitive salary, paid time off, continuing education and a supportive administration.
Purpose, Major Roles & Responsibilities
To be the lead Spanish-speaking guide in a bilingual classroom, responsible for facilitating a Montessori primary program that supports the needs of all children in accordance with Hiatt Farms Montessori School’s mission and vision.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Helping to prepare the classroom environment
- Helping to maintain an orderly classroom environment including morning preparation and afternoon clean-up
- Planning and recording lessons for each child in the environment
- Establishing a positive relationship with parents by ensuring regular and positive communication
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and staff members to ensure proper classroom planning and management
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Prepare for and attend all parent teacher conferences
- Develop and participate in school functions such as parent education nights, and other social gatherings
- Comply with all continuing education and state licensing requirements
- Participate in ongoing self-assessment and refinement of practice in the classroom as well as collaborative professional growth
- Responsible for the safety of each child in her/his care until dismissed to a responsible adult
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
The teacher will meet the following requirements:
- Be an AMI/AMS certified Montessori guide at the toddler level - Be familiar with all materials and presentations given to children ages 0-3 according to AMI/AMS training
- Have Early Childhood Teacher credential/Level 3 qualifications on Colorado Shines PDIS
We are looking for one candidate to begin mid-year in the Spring 2021 semester. Start date will likely be in December.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume. Should you be contacted for an interview, please be prepared to provide proof of AMI/AMS training and CO teaching license.