This account is not monitored and messages will unfortunately not be read or returned. If you are interested in learning more, please apply via the link below:
An active and engaging family based in Boston, MA is seeking a patient, motivational, and adaptable private educator for their 8 and 6-year-old children!
These loving, dynamic parents are passionate about being hands-on with their children’s growth and education, and make it a point to prioritize family time whenever possible. They are a very health-conscious family, including their two sweet dogs and a bunny! Since COVID, they have been spending quite a bit of time at their property in New Hampshire, with the parents often working from home, and in the summers, they are on the property full time. The children are very bright, sensitive, and curious with a love of writing. They typically attend a Montessori school, and the remote learning to classroom schedule fluctuates bi-weekly depending on COVID measures mandated by the school. They are looking forward to working alongside an educator who can supplement their education and support them in their schoolwork! The family is committed to safe health practices during the pandemic and look forward to welcoming someone who is best aligned in their approach and open to continued communication.
This position is ideal for a candidate that is a great communicator, warm and positive, and is a proactive and motivational educator. Montessori knowledge is a big plus, while confidence in math, literacy, and creative writing will be important pieces of the role. A Bachelor’s degree in an education field is essential, as is the ability to keep the environment positive and structured. The children will thrive when working alongside a candidate who can not only assist them with homework, but utilize the hours outside of school time to plan enriching activities and supplement their classwork. A well-rounded candidate who is open to various childcare and family assisting duties will be extremely appreciated and fit in seamlessly with this family. Candidates must be able to plan weekly and long-range lessons, administer assessments, and create fun learning activities that reinforce content objectives. Flexibility to travel between the family’s two residences will be important as well, living in New Hampshire while working in the summers.
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from either 2pm to 8pm or 8am to 5pm depending on the children’s in-class schedule. The family is offering $75-85,000/year depending on professional experience and higher education, and are open to discussing additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare, housing stipend, PTO, sick days, and a museum and public transportation pass. Driving is required for this role, and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position is slated to begin as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a motivating, nurturing, and warm environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Assist with morning, afternoon, and evening routines and support a varying daily schedule
- Develop tailored weekly lesson plans and yearly scope of learning while guiding the children through their school materials
- Discover educational opportunities in the area and the great outdoors to expand the classroom walls
- Collaborate with parents, the children’s school, and the children to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals, and create a plan toward future progress
- Travel with the family throughout the year when it is safe to do so, as well as summers living in New Hampshire, 90 minutes outside of Boston
- Pitch in with various childcare and family assisting tasks, enlisting the children’s help wherever possible with duties such as preparing snacks, tidying, and occasional dog walks together
- 3+ years of professional, full-time experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education field
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Background in Montessori and/or early elementary education is a big plus
- Fluency in Spanish to assertively instruct is a huge plus
- Confidence in math, literacy, and creative writing, and ability to plan and extend learning in these domains
- Animal friendly (the family has 2 dogs and a bunny)!
- Strong desire to explore the outside and expand the classroom walls
- Ability to live-in while the family is at their home in New Hampshire all summer
For information about other available positions, check out our job board: https://www.adventurenannies.com/category/job-board/
Adventure Nannies is a nationwide agency focused on matching private educators and nannies with active and traveling families. We strive to find out-of-the-box, inspirational candidates to help support our innovative families. Our jobs include long-term teaching and nanny positions, short-term travel and temporary jobs, and both live-out and live-in arrangements. We support both families and candidates throughout their placements with regular check-ins and resources. For more information, check out our website at https://www.adventurenannies.com.