Summary: Experienced Montessori guide who can competent in planning and implementing the daily classroom lessons and activities. Ensuring the health and safety of children in the classroom by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and prepares lesson plans and submits to Director on a weekly basis.
- Excellent understanding and experience in giving lessons using Montessori materials and know the lesson sequence of each area of the Montessori classroom.
- Excellent understanding of the Montessori Prepared Environment.
- An eye and desire to keep the classroom beautiful, organized and pleasing to the children while adhering to the Montessori principles and philosophy.
- Oversees and facilitates the general safety, cleanliness, and order of the classroom environment and activities.
- Interacts with children professionally and appropriately as a teacher.
- Must have a good understanding of the developing child’s emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- Must know child centered guiding methods that cultivates the child and allow the child to develop self-control and discipline.
- Must understand the importance of a normalized classroom and how to guide children to achieve a normalized classroom.
- Must have experience to provide the children instructional methods to include play, music, arts and crafts, reading, writing, computer and physical activities.
- Assists children when necessary to enhance learning skills and complete projects but have a firm understanding of fostering independence.
- Monitors the talents, special abilities, disabilities, deficiencies or problems of each individual child, and documents evaluations on a weekly basis. Must keep accurate and non-biased records and discuss with the school director.
- Promotes and fosters each child's positive self-esteem and individual development toward their fullest potential in the areas of physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth.
- Prepares thorough evaluations for each child on a yearly basis or as needed.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with all children, parents/guardians and fellow staff.
- Assists children with general hygiene practices including bathroom and cleanliness needs.
- Supervises daily activities of Assistant Teachers and be a mentor.
- Documents daily activities of children on appropriate paperwork.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to place orders for supplies in a timely manner.
- Attends in-service training, conferences, staff meetings and parent/guardian meetings as required.
- Performs general cleaning duties inside the classroom and the outside environment.
- Maintains equipment and Montessori materials in safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains classroom and storage areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a Team player
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality, understand professional boundaries of clients and co-workers.
- Must understand how to maintain a friendly yet professional relation with co-worker in and outside of the school.
- Proficiency in creating teacher made Montessori materials to compliment the Montessori materials in math, language, and practical life.
- Excellent command of Oral Communication Skills (English)
- Excellent command Written Communication Skills (English)
- Fluent in English (Primary language)
- Family/Child Relations
- Early Childhood units (12-units minimum)
- A Bachelor’s a plus
- Project Management
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Must be Responsible, Punctual, and Organized
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English/Mandarin/French) a plus
- Must have a Montessori credential in Toddler | Primary from either AMI or AMS
- High school graduate
- AA or higher degree
- 24-units of early childhood credits or currently enrolled at a college with no less than 12-ECE units.
Competitive salary based on education and experience
Paid sick and vacation time
Tuition scholarship for own child/children
Emails inquiries only supported with a cover letter and resume.