We are looking for an energetic and motivated team player to join our supportive and caring school, one committed to providing a nurturing and creative atmosphere for all members of the community. Our ideal applicant has a genuine love of children and is dedicated to personal and professional growth, devoted to promoting the Montessori philosophy.
Connecting with nature is an important aspect of our program, and as such, we revel in providing children with opportunities to discover the beauty of their natural surroundings. We have a lovely expanse of land which provides for such opportunities, as well as a designated area for gardening.
The Montessori Infant and Toddler Guide will lead the classroom caring for infants three months through 24 months. You must communicate effectively with infants, toddlers, their parents, and other staff. Provide quality, nurturing care to infants enrolled in the school. The Montessori Guide must demonstrate skills to properly address developmental needs of infants and help direct the children in their care with activities the support the child academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment in accordance with Montessori philosophy and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree or 120 semester hours of approved college credit or a Bachelor’s degree equivalence as determined by an independent agency authorized to evaluate foreign credentials.
- Certification from AMS or AMI, MACTE-accredited training facility appropriate for the Infant-Toddler Certification.
- Must be a self-motivated, self-directed team player that has the ability to establish and maintain wonderful relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- Must have at least one-year experience working with children.
- Must be physically able, easily sitting on the floor and getting up, as well as being able to lift about 30 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements and at least one letter of reference. We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical and dental; childcare discount, retirement plan; and paid time off.
Metro Montessori is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check.