The Montessori Academy of Chicago is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. This position can be filled by an intern or a Montessori-credentialed faculty member. This position will work directly with our Head of School, Associate Head of School, Primary Coordinator and Primary team. This is a full-time position for the 2021-2022 school-year, to start immediately. The position involves in-person instruction Monday-Friday with the potential for a switch to remote learning depending on public health guidelines.
The Montessori Academy of Chicago provides a nurturing, authentic Montessori education and parent community, enriching the lives of Chicago’s modern families and students. Our school is an extension of the home. Our parents have peace of mind. Our students are responsible and self-assured global citizens, prepared to lead in the 21st century. Located in Chicago’s West Loop, the Academy serves 300 students each day. We are accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) to serve children from 6 weeks through 8th grade.
- Year round (12 month), 3-year contracts available
- Occasional parent nights and community building events
- Joining a strong group of dedicated Montessori educators
- Co-teaching team with experienced Montessori educators
- Four week paid vacation (taken in 5 week block in summer leading up to or coming off of July break)
- Paid school breaks twice per year
- Health and dental care available
- 401K with Matching available
The Academy has implemented enhanced health and safety guidelines in response to the coronavirus pandemic and meets all CDC requirements. The programming, faculty and staff at the Academy are exceptional. The dedication to the curriculum and the students is unparalleled. The Academy meets the full needs of the child and its families. This is a career changing opportunity for the right educator. Come find your future with us!
- Montessori certification in Early Childhood or completion of MACTE accredited Early Childhood training program
- Seasoned Montessori educators – minimum 3 years in a Montessori classroom
- Passionate and dedicated teachers who are committed to helping students excel
-Provide a safe and nurturing classroom for all students
-Responsible for the safety and well-being of all students at all times
-Co-teaching in a Montessori 3-6 classroom
-Curriculum planning with teaching partner and Primary teaching team
-Monitoring and recording student academic progress
-Communication with parents
-Maintain and manage a prepared Montessori environment
-Maintain and follow all safety and health rules.
-Work collaboratively with the Achievement Resource Center and administration in supporting student behavior
-Understand and implement the Academy' social emotional learning curriculum
-Encourage and model social behavior and expectations which are developmentally appropriate
-Manage assistants collaboratively with co-teacher
-Work with Academy literacy team in implementing the Colombia Teacher's College Reading and Writing Program
-Record student progress in Montessori Compass
-Meet with parents twice a year to discuss student progress