We are seeking a Lead Toddler and Lead Primary Guides for the 2021-2022 school year. We are looking for someone who not only loves guiding the toddler-aged and Primary-aged children, but is calm, professional, patient, reliable, organized, has excellent communication skills with parents and fellow colleagues while fostering a positive, professional & collaborative atmosphere.
Our school features spacious, beautifully equipped classrooms on 3 acres of land in a residential area in Voorhees, NJ.
Apply today to join our warm, caring & supportive community. Our school is a full member of American Montessori Society and on Step 6 of the Pathways to Improvement working towards full Accreditation.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Lesson planning
- Implementing and offering one on one & group lessons
- Working collaboratively as a team with Teaching Assistants and Toddler/Primary Teaching Team
- Staff and parent Communications
- Room Development
- Material Making
- Continued Professional Development
Successful Candidates Must Have:
- 0-3 AMS or 3-6 AMS, AMI or MACTE recognized Montessori Credential (we are also accepting resumes from individuals who are currently training in an AMS, AMI and/or MACTE recognized training program close to their certification).
- An Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- A committed, deep understanding and passion for authentic Montessori Pedagoy and practice
- Teaching experience with ages 0-3
- Strong classroom management & organizational skills
- Confidence in the lessons required in a toddler community
- Flexibility and warmth along with a high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with fostering and maintaining excellent professional relationships and rapport with students, parents and other staff members in the community.
- A collaborative work style while maintaining an identity of his/her own.
**The position offers competitive salary as well as personal and professional development days.
**Start date: August 30, 2021
**Candidate also has opportunity to start June 15, 2021 if interested in working with us in the summer.
If you are interested in employment with our school, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Leddy Nelson - Director of Education