Mori Mori Montessori Kindergarten is a new family-run school located in Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Northeast of Thailand. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic, native English-Speaking AMI Primary Lead Teacher for the opening of our classroom in this June 2019. We hope to find a candidate who is excited about working at a brand-new, International Montessori school!
Purpose, Major Roles & Responsibilities
To be Lead Primary Teacher, responsible for facilitating a Montessori primary program that supports the needs of all children in accordance with Mori Mori Montessori Kindergarten’s mission and vision.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Helping to prepare the classroom environment, particularly English language materials
- Helping to maintain an orderly classroom environment including morning preparation and afternoon clean-up
- Planning and recording lessons for each child in the environment
- Establishing a positive relationship with parents by ensuring regular and positive communication
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and staff members to ensure proper classroom planning and management
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Prepare for and attend all parent teacher conferences
- Develop and participate in school functions such as parent education meeting, and other social gatherings
- Participate in ongoing self-assessment and refinement of practice in the classroom as well as collaborative professional growth
- Responsible for the safety of each child in her/his care until dismissed to a responsible adult
- Give a training and demonstrate to other non-Montessori teachers and staff members to understand an objective of each Montessori hand-on materials.
- Complete all child-related paperwork on a daily basis.
- Complete all supervisory responsibilities for classroom staff including but not limited to recruiting, one-on-one supervisions, performance evaluations, goals, and accountability.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
The teacher will meet the following requirements:
- Be an AMI certified Montessori guide at the primary level
- Be familiar with all materials and presentations given to children ages 3-6 according to AMI training
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Love children, be flexible, familiar to Asian culture
- Experience working with children (with the particular age group preferred, even if this experience was prior to receiving Montessori training)
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Able to work in Nakhon Ratchasima (2nd largest city of Thailand). 3 years contract.
We are looking for a candidate to begin in June, 2019.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Should you be contacted for an interview, please be prepared to provide proof of AMI training.