Namaste Montessori School is seeking a Montessori Primary trained guide to teach in an established primary classroom. If you have a passion for the Montessori philosophy, and take pride in creating and sustaining the highest-quality educational environment, this position is for you!
In this role you will be responsible for leading a mixed-age Montessori classroom of 21 children ages 3 to 6 years. You will be working in a beautiful, well equipped, Montessori classroom. You will be supported by two trained and experienced assistant teachers. The school is located in a repurposed farm building with lots of natural light and custom features. It has gardens, farm animals, maple trees, and open fields where the children play, explore, and learn.
At Namaste Montessori, we place a high value on partnering with families on their child’s educational journey. An important part of your role will be communicating closely with parents to a) give them a window into the Montessori classroom, b) educate them about Montessori philosophy, and c) provide insight into their child’s individual progress. We trust you to be the best advocate for our school, the Montessori philosophy, and each individual child.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Montessori diploma for the appropriate age group
- Experience working with children
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Benevolent outlook towards solving problems and advocating for our educational viewpoint (at Namaste Montessori, we call this growth mindset "focusing on the solution, not on the problem")
- Willingness to work and contribute as a member of a team
Namaste Montessori offers a robust community of thoughtful educators, together with competitive salaries and benefits, generous time off, tuition discounts, and excellent professional development opportunities.
Competitive salary range based on training and experience.
Applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Bridgid Beames, Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org
Namaste Montessori School 1608 Trumansburg Road, Ithaca, NY 14850 607-272-0515