Become a part of our lovely learning community!
The Model School, a long-time leader in the Berkeley Early Education community, is hiring a Head Teacher for one of our Pre-K classrooms. Our teachers stay with us for so long these positions don't open often - this is a unique opportunity to join an extraordinary community!
Our mission is simple: provide a welcoming place where children can't wait to learn, and where teachers are empowered to create comprehensive educational programs within a humanistic developmental learning environment. We provide child care and development services for children between the ages of three months and six years, spread across five classrooms and a computer/transition room.
- Creating developmentally appropriate curriculum in conjunction with the team
- Exemplifying the Model School philosophy, rooted in Montessori methodologies
- Working effectively with fellow teachers, encouraging their talents
- Attending and participating in monthly staff meetings
- Organizing plans and directing field trips
- Conducting or overseeing two parent conferences each year, and additional conferences as needed
- Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with children ages 2-5
- Classroom experience
- Major in child development, early childhood education or a related field preferred
- Montessori-certified preferred (but not required)
- An energetic and playful personality!
A little more about us.
The director and founder of The Model School, Dr. Daisy L. Rivers-Mante, is a UC Berkeley trained PhD with decades of experience in the field of early childhood education. She loves working with young children, and is equally committed to their growth and the development of those adults whose duty and privilege it is to guide them. The parents of the school are equally dedicated and supportive - just ask any of the teachers!
We welcome any and all applications - please email hiring @ themodelschool.org to see if you're a fit!