Company & Role Overview
Higher Ground Education is one of the largest education services providers globally operating in the U.S., China, and Europe. Headquartered in Orange County, California, Higher Ground Education is dedicated to mainstreaming and modernizing Montessori globally through in-person brick-and-mortar schools, digitally with virtual schools, and in-home micro-schools. Founded in 2016, Higher Ground Education operates 100+ schools globally under the Guidepost Montessori brand, serving 5,000+ students, and 1,500+ global team members.
We operate five schools as Guidepost Montessori in Hong Kong. Currently, we’re looking for a passionate, caring, adaptable educator to act as our Lead Guide to support our classroom.
Core Job Responsibilities
Lead a Model Classroom
- Create and maintain an aesthetically appealing, safe, and clean Montessori prepared environment
- Provide close supervision to children, always making sure they are safe, and the group is in compliance with city -mandated teacher to child ratios
- Work closely with Assistant Guide(s) to ensure a high-quality Montessori environment is established and maintained
- Present sequential Montessori lessons in accordance with the Guidepost Montessori standards as established in training
- Observe each child, regularly document his or her progress, strengths, interests, and areas for improvement, and apply your knowledge of Montessori principles to ensure each child’s individual needs are met
- Interact with children in a warm, joyful, respectful manner that fosters their independence
- Implement feedback provided by other Lead Guides, your Montessori Mentor, and your Head of School
- Problem-solve challenging student issues with other Lead Guides, your Montessori Mentor, and your Head of School
- Open classroom to regular parent tours
- Open classroom to observation by parents and other staff members
Provide Exceptional Customer Service to Parents
- Communicate regularly with each parent in an individualized manner using approved communication tools provided by Guidepost Montessori (i.e. email, photo-sharing software, newsletters, etc).
- Provide cumulative, formal feedback to parents on student progress, which might include twice-yearly parent-teacher conferences, progress reports, and/or portfolio preparation. Meet with parents on an individualized basis to discuss and resolve student issues as they arise
Create a Strong Community on Campus
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Participate in one-on-one meetings with supervisor and Montessori Mentor
- Participate in community outreach, classroom celebrations, and parent information events
- Actively participate and pursue annual professional development
- Bachelor Degree and above, PGDE/PGCE degree will be preferable.
- Montessori Certification is a MUST
- Native / Fluent English Speaker is a MUST
- Experience working with children of the appropriate age group (0-6 years)
- Passion for or desire to learn the Montessori method of education
- Ability to work well with other adults
- Growth mindset and problem-solving approach
- Ability to embrace Guidepost Montessori “Core Values”