Discovery Montessori is a private K-6 school, celebrating over 35 years of providing Montessori education. Discovery Montessori is located in beautiful Port Orchard, WA. The culture of Discovery Montessori is centered around family. The school has an opening for a Lead Montessori Elementary Teacher beginning June 1st, 2019.
The Teacher helps to create an environment that is conducive to the growth and development of children in the realization of their fullest learning potential. He or she will prepare materials to meet the needs of the children and operate in a manner consistent with the Montessori Method and concerns for educational excellence.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Has a Montessori diploma for primary- or elementary-aged children.
- Has proven excellence in guiding children in or out of a school environment.
- Has evident passion for being on an entrepreneurial journey.
- Loves to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything she/he does.
- Has a deep respect for all children, an empathy for the challenges children face in their lives, and a commitment to gentle, compassionate limit setting.
- Learns quickly and works hard.
- Has proven excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Is an active reader.
- Is an independent learner who can take direction but can also work with little direct guidance.
- Has a willingness to be coached and mentored.
- Has a willingness to work in a 12-month program (with time off for holidays; winter, spring, and small summer breaks; etc.).
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening, including criminal background check.
Discovery Montessori offers a professional and supportive work environment. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees or applicants without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. This extends to all terms, conditions, and benefits of employment.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, how the position is part of your own journey, and how you heard about this opportunity.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We would love to find someone who could join our team in time to participate in our summer session, beginning June 1, 2019.