Montessori Children’s House of Laramie (MCHL) is seeking a caring, motivated and qualified Lead teacher to serve as Head of School for this Montessori nonprofit preschool. Our Children’s House currently admits a maximum of 20 students and will be entering its 3rd year of existence. MCHL is located in a University town of 30,000 situated between two mountain ranges, minutes away from pristine National Forests and a myriad of year-round outdoor recreational opportunities. This is a 12-month position with a full-time school-year program only (Aug-May). Responsibilities include all aspects of the classroom, supervising up to two teaching assistants, and working with a supportive and invested board.
- Experience with, or curiosity about, the Montessori philosophy (Montessori Early Childhood Certification preferred)
- Experience working with preschool-aged children in a school, daycare, camp or home setting
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Early childhood education background preferred
- Ability to fulfill relevant Wyoming Department of Family Services requirements
- Ability to move around easily in a classroom, including standing and walking
Pay: Starting at $33,000, dependent on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and letter of interest with names and contact information for three references to Carol Kobulnicky, MCHL Board Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Planning to finish interviews by end of March with position starting prior to the 2019-20 school year.
Nondiscrimination Clause: MCHL hires qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, gender identity and expression, or disability.
MCHL’s mission is to educate and develop the whole child by nurturing a love of learning, positive character, and peace within each student.
Learn more at: facebook.com/mchlaramie/ and at: laramiemontessori.info/preschool-and-daycare