Blue Heron Montessori Preschool, located in Bellingham, Washington, is in search of an extended day teacher for our early childhood program. This teacher will work with our older students (preK and K) who stay for a full school day. These students are in our morning 3-6 classroom and spend the afternoons in a separate space focused on enrichment activities and small group lessons. This is an enrichment program that supports the students' morning Montessori curriculum and learning. It is a position that allows for creativity and independence and also requires a great deal of flexibility. As a teaching team, you would connect with the lead teacher over the summer and throughout the year to coordinate planning and discuss student needs and growth.
You can learn more about our school and view our programs on our website: blueheronmontessori.org.
Our staff is composed of certified and dedicated Montessorians who are committed to early childhood education and providing an opportunity to establish a life-long love of learning in each child. Our mission is to create a school that has thriving, engaged and happy students, satisfied parents and a well-cared for staff who feel part of a community.
● Experience working with children ages four to six
● Demonstrate a genuine love of working with children
● Ability to plan curriculum and to follow student needs
● Have personal motivation in meeting the needs of each child
● Classroom management skills
● Ability to multitask
● Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers and parents
● Ability to problem solve in high stress situations
● Work well with others and as part of a shared classroom space
● Be flexible
● Be creative, focused and positive
● Have CPR/First Aid, BBP training, Background check, MERIT, TB test, or be able to attain these certifications over the summer
● An understanding of the Montessori method or an interest/willingness to learn
We typically follow the Bellingham Public School calendar with the exception of our teacher work days, parent evenings, family nights and picnics throughout the school year. Our ideal timeline is that you be able to begin by August 15, 2020 to start preparing for the 2020-21 school year.
This is a part-time position with a schedule consisting of Monday through Thursday, 11:00 to 3:15pm, with occasional evening school functions (up to five per year). This would be a salaried position.
To be considered for this position please email us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!