The Heartwood Montessori Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director who will continue to lead and grow our dynamic school that provides care and Montessori education for children between the ages of 33 months and six years old. Heartwood Montessori is a small non-profit organization located in the heart of Northeast Minneapolis, dedicated to nurturing the whole child through an inclusive community.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the education of children, skilled in collaboration and have the ability to be a leader in the community. Ideal candidates will also possess decision-making skills, budgeting skills, organization skills, and must be an excellent communicator.
The Heartwood Montessori Board of Directors is the policy-making body of our non-profit school. The partnership between the Board and the Director is imperative to the success of the school. The Board, while responsible for the strategic vision of the school, seeks a Director who shares that vision.
Seeking a Director who can:
- Embrace and champion Heartwood’s mission
- Maintain licensing and accreditation requirements and compliance with all regulating agencies
- Lead and manage staff
- Cultivate effective relationships with all stakeholders, including students, families, the Board of Directors and staff
- Demonstrate accountability for the operating budget and financial stability of the school
- Drive enrollment growth and student retention in all programs
- Foster a culturally and socio-economically diverse population
- Ensure day-to-day operations of the school that are efficient and cost-effective
- Reflect the values of the school:
- Demonstrate fairness, diplomacy, integrity, and leadership;
- Provide a sound rational approach to issues and problems;
- Appreciate the collaborative culture of the school and facilitates the decision-making process among constituents; and
- Is respectful of all the component populations of the school community: families, faculty, staff, board, alumni, building partners, and public.
Education/Experience: Bachelor degree from accredited institution, preferably in the fields of Education, Public Policy, Non-Profit, or Business Management. MACTE Accredited Montessori Program preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Meets DHS requirements for lead teacher and director.
● Understanding of academic, fiscal, social and advocacy responsibilities of a non-profit center and school.
● Understanding of Montessori-based curriculum knowledge and program development or early childhood education development.
● Business operational knowledge including leadership, management, and budget.
● Skills related to customer relations and community building.
● Experience with state licensing and accreditation requirements.
● Strong business and financial capabilities.
● Demonstrates experiences working with children, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
● Caring, patient, and nurturing attitude toward children.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume or Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com