Paz is searching for a certified (and preferably bilingual Spanish/English) Children's House / "Casa" (2.5-6) Montessori guide to open a new small classroom on the outskirts of beautiful Oaxaca City.
Paz's Dual Language Immersion Montessori offers complete education for the hand, heart, and mind in Spanish and English.
We opened our Montessori program opened in 2015 and we currently have 65 students between our Children's House or “Casa” (2.5- to 6-year-olds) and Elementary or “Taller” (6-12+-year-olds).
Paz is ready to expand by opening a second Casa classroom at a second location.
Paz also offers a variety of community programs.
We at Paz believe that providing an intentionally diverse group of children and their communities an equitable quality education and offering comprehensive community programs will lead to empowered children and families who are prepared to thrive and make positive changes in society.
We believe that his is the path to peace!
- Hold Montessori Certification from an appropriate training entity or be enrolled in a Montessori training program.
- Preferred to have a minimum of two years teaching experience. Montessori experience is preferred.
- A degree in education is preferred.
- A long-term commitment is preferred (plan to stay at Paz Montessori for at least two years).
- Have a strong conviction for the mission, vision, and values of Paz Montessori.
- Have interest (and possibly experience) in second language acquisition and a willingness to use second language techniques to interact with children in their second language without translating.
- Have interest (and possibly experience) in Peace Education (Restorative Justice, Montessori, NonViolent Communication, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide is preferred.