Montessori West is seeking a full time AMS or AMI-trained guide at the Elementary level for the coming 2021-2022 school year. With seven locations in the San Francisco, East Bay Area, the school cares for more than 500 students from toddler through Elementary. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of faculty dedicated to authentic Montessori pedagogy.
• Must have an AMS or AMI Montessori Certificate from a recognized training program
• A minimum of 3 years working as a guide in an Elementary environment preferred, but not required
• Must submit to LiveScan fingerprint testing though Department of Justice
• A committed, deep understanding and passion for authentic Montessori pedagogy and practice
• The ability to collaborate with an existing Montessori community (including all 7 locations), while maintaining an identity of his/her own
• Confidence and experience in the lessons and extensions required in a 6-9, 9-12 or 6-12 environment
• Experience in creating and maintaining professional relationships with students, parents, faculty and administration