Abilitrees Montessori is seeking Montessori trained teachers for mixed-age primary classrooms (ages 3 - 5). If you have a passion for the Montessori philosophy, and take pride in creating and sustaining the highest-quality educational environment, this position is for you! We are looking for teachers with all levels of experience.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a mixed-age Montessori classroom of children ages 3 to 5. You will be the head teacher of a beautiful Montessori classroom fully equipped with materials from leading manufacturers, and a special budget to personalize your practical life and cultural areas. Wherever possible, our classrooms include indoor-outdoor work space.
At Abilitrees Montessori, we place a high value on partnering with families on their child’s educational journey. An important part of your role will be communicating closely with parents to a) give them a window into the Montessori classroom, b) educate them about Montessori philosophy, and c) provide insight into their child’s individual progress. We trust you to be the best advocate for our school, the Montessori philosophy, and each individual child.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Montessori diploma for Primary (ages 3-5)
- Experience working with children (aged 3-5 preferred), even if this experience was prior to receiving Montessori training
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Benevolent outlook towards solving problems and advocating for our educational viewpoint (a growth mindset of "focusing on the solution, not on the problem")
- Preference given to candidates with a well-written, inspiring cover letter